25 July 2012
Rationalist International president Sanal Edamaruku of Delhi, India is now a fugitive from the law for daring to expose a ‘miracle’ of the local Catholic church.
On 10 March, Sanal Edamaruku flew to Mumbai where a local TV channel had invited him to investigate a “miracle” that caused local excitement. He went with the TV team to Irla in Vile Parle to inspect the crucifix standing there in front of the Church of Our Lady of Velankanni. For some days, there were little droplets of water trickling from Jesus’ feet. The news of the miracle spread like wild fire. Hundreds of people came every day to pray and collect some of the “holy water” in bottles and vessels.
But within minutes of arrival, Sanal Edamaruku quickly and clearly identified the source of the water (a drainage near a washing room) and the mechanism how it reached Jesus’ feet via capillary action.
- Atheism And Human Rights Abuses In Africa
- Iranian Rapper Faces Calls For His Execution Over Insulting Imam Naghi
- Moving Forward
- What Would You Substitute For the Bible as a Moral Guide?
- Alexander Aan update
- What Is The Soul
- Witchcraft in Malawi - new report released
- Brazil deems abortion of anencephalic fetuses legal
- Am I an Atheist or an Agnostic
- PATAS, A Spark of Reason in the Philippines
- Rabbi's little helper
- Apostasy Campaign in Chile