30 April 2012
The Association for Secular Humanism in Malawi (an AAI Member) has released a report on the extent of witchcraft in Malawi - and it is depressing reading. Belief in witchcraft is widespread, the number of cases is rising and people suspected of witchcraft are often subject to violence. The report recommends ten initiatives to combat the violence against those accused of witchcraft.
Atheist Alliance International congratulates the Association for Secular Humanism for its work to document the extent of the problems in Malawi and its ongoing campaign against superstitious and dangerous practices.
- How religion poisons Brazilian politics
- Taslima Nasrin attacks 'cancer' of censorship in Indian society
- How Orthodox Judaism Treats Women as "Filthy Little Things"
- Polish Pop Star Fined for Insulting Bible
- Critical Thinking and Educational Reform
- Indonesian Muslims Call for Atheist Beheading
- 11 February 2012: A day to defend free expression
- First national meeting of atheists in Brazil
- Thank you AAI supporters!
- Catholic Church Claims De-Baptism 'Impossible'
- Boko Haram and the threat of political Islam
- Blasphemy laws protect religion from legitimate scrutiny