If Atheists Speak But No One Notices,
Are We Making A Difference?
Links to this page in languages other than English:
F O U N D A T I O N
The AAI Foundation, an internal program of Atheist Alliance International, supports educational projects - including through international exchanges - and advocates on behalf of atheists facing discrimination around the world, particularly in developing countries.
AAI Foundation projects include:
- Support for the Kasese Humanist Primary School in Uganda (2010 - present). AAI has contributed to, and collected donations for, projects including building construction, classroom renovations and the purchase of school equipment over a number of years. AAI also operates the student and teacher sponsorship program for Kasese School. In 2010 AAI arranged volunteer teaching assistants to spend a few months helping to establish Kasese School and other opportunities to work at this school are available.
- Campaign in defence of Alexander Aan (2012). Alexander is an Indonesian man attacked and arrested after posting 'God does not exist' on Facebook. AAI has worked with other groups to campaign for his release, for a change in Indonesian law and to fundraise to assist with Alexander's legal expenses.
|This is where you come in.|
AAI Foundation projects are funded primarily through directed donations to those specific projects. What we can do depends on the support we receive. There is a lot of work to do to further atheism and secularism in the world and we are always seeking additional projects, particularly in developing countries, where education and empirical knowledge can make huge improvements in the quality of life for communities.
If you would like to donate to the AAI Foundation or any of its designated projects,
please visit our Donate page.
AAI Affiliate / Associate project proposals
AAI Foundation projects are generally proposed by AAI's Affiliate and Associate Members. Affiliate and Associate Members or other interested parties may submit proposals to Atheist Alliance International requesting support for an atheist/freethought project in their country or region. At a minimum, such proposals should include:
- A detailed description of the proposed activity
- The proposed dates for the project
- The proposed venue for the project and the status of any discussions with the venue
- A detailed budget for the project, including an explanation of all material expenditure items, supported by quotes where relevant
- Information on other sources of funding for the project and, where relevant, the status of discussions with each other potential group or individual that may provide funding
- The marketing/advertising plan for the project (if relevant)
- Details of the members of the project committee, their positions and relevant experience
- Specific details of the support requested from Atheist Alliance International
Proposals are accepted throughout the year. To submit a proposal, please email it in electronic form to president [at] atheistalliance [dot] org.