02 October 2012
More information has come to light regarding the arrest of Alber Saber in Egypt, as reported by The Examiner on 16 September 2012, including reports of Saber being abused while in captivity by other prisoners who were incited against him, and also of his mother being further harassed by the mob, which threatened to burn her alive in her own home unless she leaves the neighbourhood. 
There is now a petition to free Alber Saber, which quotes a television interview with Saber’s mother, where she indicated that her son had been tortured for three days in custody, and that no lawyers are prepared to assist them, due to receiving death threats themselves.
Atheist Alliance International encourages all readers to show their support for Albert Saber, and for the freedom of expression, through signing the petition.
- The Crime of Debunking in Delhi, India
- Women raped, tortured and hanged to save son of Imam in Iran, may have been innocent
- ACLU decision means schools must hold graduations in non-denominational locations
- "Without this I feel alone" - Alex Aan
- American Baseball Team Goes Atheist for an Evening
- Woman Sentenced to Death by Stoning for Adultery in Sudan
- School Vouchers v. Establishment Clause
- (Technical) victory in Court, failure in Parliament
- Religious circumcision an assault on boys
- He Needs Money
- Five Cities that Ruled the World – in flames
- Chaplaincy in Australian Public Schools