25 November 2013
Christian Zealots within the Republican Party
WRITTEN BY R. CLEVENGER, AAI NEWS TEAM
The Christian zealots, who gained control of many government seats with the Tea Party push back in 2010, are taking stands and actively impeding progress toward acceptance and tolerance across the U.S. and replacing it with biblical-based intolerance.
In my home state of Pennsylvania, there is a bill that has been brought forth by Rep. Rick Saccone, a republican from Allegheny County, that would force every public school in the state to display “In God We Trust” upon a plaque or through the display of student artwork on school property. This is an obvious attempt to propagate their religious beliefs onto young, developing minds before they reach the age of reason. Just as churches target youth and those who are vulnerable and in need, the Republicans are misusing their offices to further their religious views.
- After Pussy Riot: Russia strengthens anti-blasphemy laws
- Syrian rebels execute an atheist boy
- The Church of Anti-Vaccination
- Witchcraft Accusation Rages in Northern Ghana
- Are atheists more helpful than Christians?
- Secular World 13 - Of Mice and Mayhem
- Except...there is no heaven
- Pakistani Freethinkers to UN: recognise Int'l Day Against State Religion
- Iran is one of seven nations...
- AAI President Carlos A. Diaz shows his support for Imad Iddine Habib on International Imad Day!
- Secular World 12 - Sanderson Jones of the Atheist Church
- Freedom Of Conscience: Can Theists And Atheists Work Together?