AAI Media Releases
2012 European Atheist Convention to be held in Cologne, Germany
Versión en español a continuación
Version française ci-dessous
Atheists from Europe and around the world will meet in Cologne, Germany on 25 - 27 May for the “2012 European Atheist Convention: Perspectives of Atheism - national, regional, global”, co-hosted by Internationaler Bund der Konfessionslosen und Atheisten (IBKA, International League of Non-Religious and Atheists) and Atheist Alliance International (AAI).
The conference will cover a broad range of topics relevant to atheists, freethinkers, humanists, rationalists, skeptics, agnostics and secularists. Attendees will interact with leading personalities from the worlds of science, activism, literature, entertainment, philosophy and the media.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Carsten Frerk, author and editor of the German Humanist Press Service
- PZ Myers,biologist and author of the Pharyngula science blog
- Annie Laurie Gaylor, Founder and Co-President of the Freedom from Religion Foundation (FFRF)
- Dan Barker, former evangelical preacher, author and FFRF Co-President
- Michael Schmidt-Salomon, Executive Spokesman of the Giordano Bruno Foundation
- Taslima Nasrin, physician, author and international human rights activist
- Michael Nugent, Chair of Atheist Ireland
- Rebecca Watson, Skepchick blogger and promoter of critical thinking among women