26 February 2014
The Pell tolls for church sex abuse compensation
The Atheist Foundation of Australia welcomes the news that George Pell has been promoted within the Catholic Church to the position of Prefect for the Economy of the Holy See. A main function of this role is management and reform of the Vatican's finances.
The news continues to flow from the Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse of the systemic cover ups and stand-over tactics used by churches to prevent justice for the victims. It’s reasonable to anticipate that examples of abuse of this type are going to continue to become public and that the public outrage and compensation claims will continue to grow.
- The Issue of Marriage Equality: Christianity’s POV
- The Empowering Women through Secularism Conference
- IHEU launches Freedom of Thought Report website
- Anti-Sharia Law in US Struck Down
- Religion Becoming Obsolete? It Could Happen!
- Atheism Strong Among Irish College Students
- Indian Governor Seeks to Suppress Religious Freedom
- Malala Yousafzai: One Girl, One Idea
- After Pussy Riot: Russia strengthens anti-blasphemy laws
- Syrian rebels execute an atheist boy
- The Church of Anti-Vaccination